On January 18, 2012, NEHBA and the Hennepin County co-sponsored a meeting on the Lyndale Bridge Construction.
Three action items were requested by business owners:
- Way-finding signage needs to be adjusted so it does not appear that Lyndale is closed from 54th up to Minnehaha Parkway. Responsible Party: County
- Alternate detour routes need to be approved to provide additional access to the business district. Responsible Party: City/County
- Signal light timing needs to be adjusted on the approved detour route(s) to facilitate ease of traffic and safety. Responsible Party: City
NEHBA has been working with the County and City on each action item during the last two weeks. As of February 1st, the following actions have been taken:
SIGNAGE New signage will be posted by Wednesday, February 8th to indicate Lyndale Avenue is open from 54th Street to Minnehaha Parkway. The signs will read ”Lyndale Ave Open to EB Minnehaha Pkwy“.
The location of the three signs are:
- One sign facing south on Lyndale Avenue at 54th Street. This sign will notify the northbound traffic that Lyndale Avenue is opened to the Parkway.
- One sign facing west on east bound 54th Street. This sign will notify traffic traveling east on 54th Street that Lyndale Avenueis opened to the Parkway.
- One sign facing east on West bound 56th Street. This sign will notify traffic traveling west on 54th St that Lyndale Avenue is opened to the Parkway.
- At this time the City will not allow Nicollet Avenue to be designated as an official detour route.
- NEHBA produced a detour map that includes both Penn (the official route) and Nicollet as detours.
- NEHBA will provide a link to a link to a download/print detour map on Monday, February 6th.
- NEHBA continues to work with the City Staff on what can be done to adjust the signal timing to accommodate changing traffic patterns, allowing for smooth, safe traffic flow.
NEHBA will continue to provide business owners with timely updates as well as provide ongoing support through the Experience Southwest marketing strategy.
Matt and Jen
Matt Perry firstname.lastname@example.org 612.839.3320
Jennifer Y. Borger email@example.com 612.860.2444 cell